Follow me on Twitter! <---- Link!

Don't be afraid to follow me.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

Steve Rogers has always wanted to be in the Army and help fight, but due to having a laundry list of medical problems, and being only 90 pounds, he's been rejected five times, but never gave up trying to get in.
 After meeting, Dr. Abraham Erskine he gets the chance to become a "super solider" and help them fight in the war. After the experiment, He soon becomes, Captain America, but with the rise of a Hero, must come the rise of a villain.
    Johann Schmidt is in command of the organization, HYDRA,   who is searching for a mythical power said to be hidden on the earth, which holds unimaginable power. 
   Captain America soon finds out that his friend was in a mission where most got killed which sends him over seas to do a search and rescue mission, after finding hundreds of supposedly dead soliders he meets, Red Skull. The two face off, somewhat, and now Captain America know's that he must try to defeat Red Skull before he plans on destroying many major cities. 


Can we say amazing? Because Captain america was the best marvel film I've seen since I first saw, Spider-Man in theaters. Granted all the Marvel films were good, with the exception of a few, like, Daredevil. Over the years Marvel films have been getting better and this one, is the best one in my opinion. 


The story was very strong and very interesting, as it took place during WWII and it had a lot of actual historical references in it like, HYDRA and trying to use mythological powers to try to win. The story didn't have any holes or any weak points. Very well done story.


The acting couldn't of been better! All the actors in the film did a very good job at portraying the part, I especially like that we got to see, Howard Stark, and his, World of Tomorrow. It was amazing to see. Chris Evans as Captain America was very good, I couldn't really see another actor play him as good, I really loved the costume design, and well, seeing him throw his shield was epic. Hugo Weaving playing, Red Skull looked incredibly like the comic book version. I didn't see any CGI on him, so I guessed that they used prosthetic's on his face to make more of a realistic look.


This was just a great film to see. Soundtrack wise was also epic. They really did a wonderful job at putting together fantastic music to a fantastic film. I'm thinking about buying the soundtrack, I liked it that much. The effects were very well done. Seeing laser guns and laser tanks, and very awesome flying machine was very cool looking. Seeing the shield beeing thrown like a boomerang was exciting to watch.


I must say, if your a fan of Captain America or a Marvel fan, or just a super-hero fan, this film shouldn't be missed, alot of good acting, crazy good CGI, and a very good soundtrack, kept me almost on the edge of my seat. 


There also is a end-credit scene, which I never talk about cause it's to much of a spoiler, but this is the only exception I'll make as, it's not a spoiler. At the end you get the see a 30second teaser trailer to, The Avengers, which comes out, May 2012. I am very much looking forward to it. 


I give, Captain America. 8/10 


No comments: