Follow me on Twitter! <---- Link!

Don't be afraid to follow me.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Core

When the earth's core begins to become unstable, causing vicious lighting storms, holes in the ozone layer, and massive earthquakes, a team of 6 scientist's are rushed to help "jump start" the core by going in a very large ship capable of reaching the core, with a very powerful laser able to cut anything in its path. As the team reaches closer to the core, they discover a massive "crystal grand canyon". All along the crew start dying one by one, as they discover that there original plan wasn't going to work, they must hop aboard a single compartment to release the bomb one at a time, forcing at least one member to be sacrificed.


Tried to not give away to much away with the plot, but seeing as this film came out in 2003, I'm sure a lot of people saw it. Surprisingly the film had a decent plot, a lot of good actors, but failed to have a solid soundtrack throughout the film.

Plot was strong, and believable, but the only thing is I don't think there is a ship able to withstand the heat from the core, but in this film they managed to pull it off. Film had enough plot twist's and good acting to keep me watching till the end. There was a lot of good actors playing there part pretty good and solid. Film had a run-time of a little over 2hours which meant there was a good amount they crammed in there for a good strong story.

The only thing I didn't like ( well two) was that time jumped fairly fast in the film, all of a sudden 1 month went by or 3 days, I think they could of had another 30-40 minutes of film to help fill in the gaps. But that aside, the story was still strong.

Soundtrack was so so. I swore a track played during one of the more suspenseful moments was played in Ghostbusters, just a coincidence I'm sure. Most of the music was good, though to me, felt a little short and not so good with the scenes that were taking place. Oh well. The CGI was also pretty good, although for some of the bigger scenes, it looked kind of crappy.

This film is also based on the novel of the same name which would explain the time jumps, just to help speed up the story. I'm sure the novel is greatly better.

Overall this was an OK film.

I give, The Core. _6/10_

No comments: