Follow me on Twitter! <---- Link!

Don't be afraid to follow me.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Green Lantern


Hal Jordan is in the Air Force, after crashing a brand new fighter jet, he ended up on suspension. Before that, an alien, Abin Sur, crash lands on earth after getting attacked. He sends the ring to find Hal, to become the new, Green Lantern. After pledging the oath to the Lantern, he gets shipped off to the new world, and gets suited up. He learns all about his ring and what he has to do. Hector Hammond is a doctor who is chosen to dissect Abin, after doing so, he gets exposed to something that, turns him into a crazy doctor. Hal finds out that, Parallax is going to destroy earth after Hector has failed him. It's up to Hal to defeat Parallax and save humanity.

I tired doing this as spoiler free as I could, but then there wouldn't be much I could say for a plot, so, there it is.

Acting in the film was actually fairly good, with a decent soundtrack that really gave off the hero theme good. Effects were just overwhelming. With around 80% of the film being CGI, not really a bad thing, but wow, some scenes made it look like I was watching a cartoon or video game, which kind of hurt some of the scenes.

Humor in the film made it give off the whole, were trying to not be to serious, but just enough to be good and not suck so bad.

Seeing all the other Lanterns on screen was pretty awesome, though only a few of them actually said anything, I did wish that the other Lanterns had at least one or two lines, but since not, oh well. We did get to see, Sinestro, Tomar-Re, and Kilowog. We did get to see at least 100 different Lanterns, but only three did anything other then yell out, lantern.

This is really the first comic-book movie that I've seen that I never read or watched any type of cartoon movie. Couple months ago I did watch the First Flight film that was a cartoon and really grabbed my interest for Green Lantern, so that was the only real background I had with this.

Not everything was bad about this film, but you may find some things bad or just, odd that didn't quite fit right, or maybe to much humor. Or overwhelming effects, though they did look awesome, might have been a little to much.

There is also going to be a sequel, the end-credit scene showed...can't tell, way to big of a spoiler. But yes, I am looking forward to seeing a sequel, to me, this film was pretty good, not as good as other superhero films to have come out, but not bad either.

I give, Green Lantern, 8/10

Wikipedia Link!
My Twitter!

No comments: